walwyn Mon, 08/03/2009 - 19:49

All Saints Ladbroke

Originally built in the C13, All Saints parish church was entirely rebuilt in the 14th century. In the late 15th century the nave and chancel were raised, the church was last restored and re-roofed by Sir Gilbert Scott in 1876.

In the south aisle is a memorial stained glass is dedicated to Charles Rowland Palmer-Morewood High Sheriff of Warwickshire (1881). The window itself is 15th century inserted into a 14th century recess.


Memorial windowBelow the window is an effigy is thought to be that of Roger de Paveley the second rector of Ladbroke (1298-1303) but is probably later. It was discovered under the chancel during the restoration of 1876.

The church contains windows by Kempe and Tower, the East window is by Hardman.