Holland of Warwick

walwyn Tue, 07/05/2011 - 22:01
Share this

Holland of Warwick, located on [no-glossary]St John's[/no-glossary] road Warwick were stained glass makers during the second half of the 19th century. In the 1850s they were one of the main manufacturers in the depressed town. At this time they were a 'stained glass and decorative painting establishment' that specialized in the 'design for monumental and baronial windows, enamelled and encaustic painting, gilding, imitations of wood'. They also employed Clement Heaton as a designer in the early 1850s before he moved to London to start his own company with James Butler in 1855.

 

The window here is in the church of St James, Twycross, Leicestershire.