Built of Limestone with sandstone dressings this is mainly a C14/C15 church in the Decorated style. The upper part of the tower is in the Perpendicular style with battlements and a recessed spire.
The church contains a number of staimed glass windows by the major designers of the age. Including the work above by Tower (1928) of Simeon taking Jesus into his arms.
Other windows contain a Christ in Majesty with St Thomas, St Anne, and St George by Kempe, a Crucifixion by Hardman, and a work by Powell & sons depicting Mary Magdalen, the mother of James, and Salome at the tomb.
Lower panels of south aisle east window by Kempe, these are represenations of St Thomas, St Ann and the Virgin, and St George.
The east window is by Burlison & Grylls which tells the Easter story in nine panels.Start Slide Show with PicLens Lite