Mostly built of red sandstone, this C14 church is in the decorated style, including the tower, nave and chancel. The remains of part of the north wall of the nave maybe C12 – C13.
Recently the old lead on the roof was discovered to have a number of inscribed footprints, numbered, initialed and dated 1782, and a old alphabet of 25 letters.
In the north wall of the chancel is a mid C14 effigy of a priest dressed in Mass vestment, with angels at his head, and a dog at his feet. Probably the rector at the time that the chancel was built.
The three light east window with cusped heads surmounted by trefoils. The stained glass in this window is by Burlison & Grylls the bottom left panel depicts St. Wilfred holding a model of the church.
The north west chancel window has fragments of early C14 glass figures, including that of a tonsured monk, and a lady.Start Slide Show with PicLens Lite