Archive for November, 2009
An early C14 church with the addition of a clerestory in C15. The tower rebuilt in the C18.
At the beginning of the C11 Badby and the neighbouring village of Newnham belonged to Evesham Abbey. After the dissolution of Evesham Abbey in 1539, the manor that comprised Badby and Newnham was given to Edmund Knightley of Fawsley.
The eastern window in north aisle retains glass c1500 containing the Arms of Evesham Abbey, the Royal House of Tudor, and a monogram of Thomas Newbold Abbot of Evesham from 1491-1514.
A memorial window to those that died in the 1914-18 war features St. George and St. Michael. The pedestal of the font is C15 whilst the bowl is late Victorian. A mid C20 window memorial window depicting King david and Cecilia is dedicated to William Warner.
The chancel east window contains Victorian stained glass set into a C14 frame. The south aisle east window, by Ward & Hughes, is dated 1881 and was installed during the Victorian restoration.Start Slide Show with PicLens Lite