Romanesque font - St Margaret Crick

Share this

Norman font

The C12 parish church of St Margaret of Antioch was largely rebuilt and extended in C14 and C15 mostly in Decorated style, and was lightly restored by R. C. Hussey in 1840.

 

The font is C12 Romanesque and has a circular bowl with a bead decoration which is supported by three crouching Atlas figures supporting the red sandstone bowl.1

 

William Laud was the priest here before he became Archbishop of Canterbury.

 

crick 24012008-09Romanesque font, St Margaret of Antioch - Crick

 

Romanesque font, St Margaret of Antioch - CrickRomanesque font, St Margaret of Antioch - Crick