The Domesday book records that there was a small Saxon church occupying this site where the current nave is. At that time the land was owned by the saxon Lord Harold of Sudeley who mainly owned land in Gloucestershire.
The present church is built of Hornton stone and dates from the early C12 through to C13, the oldest parts being the Norman doorways in the South and North.
Inside the church contains medieval wall paintings from C13 and C14, and C13 stone carvings of animals, and mtyhical beasts.
Just outside the church is a Grecian style well house built in 1840.