- Effigy of Bishop Thomas de Cobham - Worcester Cathedral
Purbeck marble effigy of Bishop Thomas de Cobham (d1327). 1 When ...
Historical Item - walwyn - 02/20/2013 - 23:30 - 0 comments
- King John of England - Worcester Cathedral
... II and Eleanor of Aquitaine . Made from Purbeck marble the sarcophagus dates from about 1230 and is the earliest ...
Historical Item - walwyn - 02/20/2013 - 00:08 - 0 comments
- Bishop Walter de Cantelupe. Worcester Cathedral
... of Bishop Walter de Cantelupe (1236-d1266) is made of Purbeck marble . The relief of the effigy is more rounded than that of the ...
Historical Item - walwyn - 02/13/2013 - 21:48 - 0 comments
- Bishop William de Kilkenny - Ely Cathedral, Cambridgeshire
... of Ely Cambridgeshire. This monument is made of Purbeck marble it has his effigy on a tomb shaped slab with columns on ...
Historical Item - walwyn - 02/13/2013 - 21:36 - 0 comments
- Richard de Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick
... the brass effigy, and that John Bourde supplied the Purbeck marble for the base. Others included John Massingham a carver, ... The base of the tomb is Purbeck marble upon which lies a Burgundian style effigy of copper-gilt. ...
Historical Item - walwyn - 03/01/2013 - 00:35 - 0 comments
- Robert Keynes - Dodford, Northamptonshire
This Purbeck Marble effigy of a cross-legged knight is thought to be that of ...
Theme - walwyn - 02/12/2012 - 22:29 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Bishop Walter de la Wyle - Salisbury Cathedral
This much mutilated, Purbeck marble, effigy is of Bishop Walter de la Wyle at Salisbury Cathedral. ...
Historical Item - walwyn - 02/13/2013 - 21:37 - 0 comments