Lobin studios operated from 35 rue des Ursulines in Tour at between 1853 and 1892. The family business was started by Julien Léopold Lobin(1814-1864), and run by his son Lucien Léopold Lobin (1837-1892) after 1864. The company also worked with other glass makers including a long relationship with Jean-Prosper Florence.
Specialising mainly in images of saints, the company obtained a number of important commissions including the choir of Orleans Cathedral, and also exported works ouside of France.
The image to the right is of St Teresa and St John of the Cross at Orleans Cathedral.