Laurence St. Maur Brass - Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire,
Considered one of the finest brass monuments in England, this monument is dedicated to Laurence St. Maur (d1337) dean of Hereford. Originally on the chancel floor it was placed on an altar tomb in 1633.
The brass is one of the earliest examples in England, around his neck is rectangle of cloth embroidered with cinquefoils. He is wearing a liturgical vestment which is heavily embroidered.
Above the main figure in the canopy is a group of figures with Abraham seated in the middle and St. Andrew, and St. Peter to the left of him and the St. Paul, and St. Thomas to the right. The angels on either side of Abraham hold the soul of Laurence St. Maur, whilst Abraham holds a globe in his left hand, with his right hand raised in benediction.